A curated list of delightful VS Code packages and resources.
Table of Contents
- Migrating from other editors
- Lint and IntelliSense
- Azure Cosmos DB
- Azure IoT Toolkit
- Create tests
- Duplicate Action
- ES7 React/Redux/GraphQL/React-Native snippets
- Git History
- Git Project Manager
- Git Indicators
- GitHub Pull Request Monitor
- Icon Fonts
- JS Parameter Annotations
- Live Server
- Multiple clipboards
- Dotnet Core Test Explorer
- npm Intellisense
- Partial Diff
- Paste JSON as Code
- Path IntelliSense
- Project Manager
- REST Client
- Remote VSCode
- Settings Sync
- Todo Tree
- Toggle Quotes
- Explorer Icons
- Code Runner
- Color Highlight
- Output Colorizer
- Debugger for Chrome
- ECMAScript Quotes Transformer
- Edit with Shell Command
- Editor Config for VS Code
- Highlight JSX/HTML tags
- Remote Workspace
- SVG Viewer
- Text Marker (Highlighter)
- An Old Hope Theme by Dustin Sanders
- Ariake Dark by wart
- Atom One Dark Theme by Mahmoud Ali
- Ayu by teabyii
- Captain Sweetheart by ultradracula
- City Lights Theme by Yummygum
- Cobalt2 Theme Official by Wes Bos
- Dracula Official by Dracula Theme
- Edge by Bogdan Lazar
- Eva Theme by fisheva
- Fairyfloss by nopjmp and sailorhg
- GitHub Theme by Thomas Pink
- Material Palenight Theme by whizkydee
- Material Theme by Mattia Astorino
- Mno by u29dc
- Night Owl by Sarah Drasner
- Plastic by Will Stone
- Nord by arcticicestudio
- Shades of Purple by Ahmad Awais
- Slime Theme by smlombardi
- People to Follow
- Resources for extension developers
- Official website
- Source code on GitHub
- Releases (stable channel)
- Releases (insiders channel)
- Monthly iteration plans
Language packages extend the editor with syntax highlighting and/or snippets for a specific language or file format.
- Hive SQL
- Parser 3
- Pascal, or OmniPascal (only for Windows)
- Perl HTML-Template
Migrating from other editors
The VSCode team provides keymaps from popular editors, making the transition to VSCode almost seamless and easy.
Vim Mode – Relatively new, but promising extension implementing Vim features in VSCode. Authors suggest to join their Slack channel for feature requests on your favorite Vim features
Popular Atom keybindings for Visual Studio Code
Popular Sublime Text keybindings for VS Code.
Popular Visual Studio keybindings for VS Code.
Popular Intellij IDEA keybindings for VS Code.
Lint and IntelliSense
In case the awesome nirvana that is linting has not yet been unleashed upon you:
lint was the name originally given to a particular program that flagged some suspicious and non-portable constructs (likely to be bugs) in C language source code. The term is now applied generically to tools that flag suspicious usage in software written in any computer language.
Unlike some other editors, VS Code supports IntelliSense, linting, outline out-of-the-box and doesn’t require any separate extension to run linter packages. Some linters are already integrated in VS Code, you can find the full list in the official documentation, Languages section.
- 1C/OScript – rich 1С:Enterprise 8 (BSL) language support in VSC – add syntax highlighting to *.bsl и *.os files in VSC, add IntelliSense and syntax helper for 1С lang
- C/C++ – Preview C/C++ extension by Microsoft, read official blog post for the details
- gnu-global-tags – Provide Intellisense for C/C++ with the help of the GNU Global tool.
- C/C++ Clang Command Adapter – Completion and Diagnostic for C/C++/Objective-C using Clang command.
- C# – Preview C# extension by Microsoft, read official documentation for the details
- C# FixFormat – Fix format of usings / indents / braces / empty lines
- C# Extensions – Provides extensions to the IDE that will speed up your development workflow.
Peek or Jump to a CSS definition directly from HTML, just like in Brackets!
- stylelint – Lint CSS/SCSS.
- Autoprefixer Parse CSS,SCSS, LESS and add vendor prefixes automatically.
- Intellisense for CSS class names – Provides CSS class name completion for the HTML class attribute based on the CSS files in your workspace. Also supports React’s className attribute.
We are a world class software startup focusing on building scalable, high-performance web & mobile application. We have started our journey back in 2015. And in those years we have provided support for more than 15 thousand customers over the world. We build products that create values. RedQ, Inc